|Apprenticeship||Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration|
|Duration||12 Months||Level||Intermediate Level 2|
|Vacancies Available||1||Working Week||37.5 Hours per week|
|Possible Start Date||27/06/2018||Date Posted||16/05/2018|
|Closing Date||30/07/2018||Reference Number||tbc|
Duties and responsibilities:
• Carrying out a range of both general office work and more specific administrative tasks to ensure the efficient running of the office.
• Providing administration to other members of staff as and when required.
• Taking customer calls and providing a high standard of customer service.
• Responsible for greeting visitors and customers in a confident and professional manner. Responding to correspondence, telephone calls, faxes and e-mails as required.
• Updating and maintaining records both computerised and paper based to a high level of accuracy.
• Providing cover for the office during periods of holiday and absence.
• Providing an excellent support function to internal colleagues and residents
• Working in a range of roles incorporating finance, account management and administrative duties.
• Dealing with residents and families within the care home environment
• Working with and Assisting the internal Credit Controller.
Customer Service orientated
Confident telephone manner
Good use of Initiative
Can you get to the location every day?
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Profound Inspiration: "Do or Do Not. There is no try." - Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)