Our IT Apprenticeship programme will provide you with the skills, knowledge and work experience to start a career in the Information Technology sector.
You will gain a nationally recognised qualification and have everything you need to work in a role in which you will be working with IT systems and software.
Levels 2 Apprenticeship in IT User Skills is suitable for those whose main job role is to use IT applications in support of colleagues or customers in any sector or industry. This can include:
- Providing support and assistance to colleagues to make effective use of available IT systems and software
- Developing, testing and implementing solutions to improve workplace productivity through the use of IT
- Using the advanced features of IT Application Software in the creation and amendment of many types of formatted information including documents, diagrams, spreadsheets and presentations
- Maintaining simple websites, using the internet to find and exchange information and using social media to disseminate information.
Please find details on Level 2 Apprenticeship in IT User Skills . If you wish to know more about this course, please use the register your interest form on the page.
Who The Apprenticeship Is For
These qualifications are designed to enhance learner’s work and life skills in a range of vocational contexts. They are appropriate for a diverse range of learners including:
- Adults returning to study
- Those seeking to develop greater independence
- Those who have not yet achieved accredited qualifications
- Those with specific learning needs
What Will You Learn
The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Diploma in IT User Skills (ITQ) (QCF) consists of 3 mandatory units:
Level 2 Improving Productivity Using IT
Level 2 Understanding the Potential of IT
Level 2 Developing Personal and Team Effectiveness Using IT
The framework offers a wide range of optional units that the Apprentice can study to match their particular organisational and job role requirements. Optional units include:
IT User Fundamentals
Set Up and IT System
Optimise IT System Performance
IT Security for User
IT Communication Fundamentals
Using the Internet
Using Mobile IT Devices
Personal Information Management Software
Using Collaborative Technologies
IT Software Fundamentals
Computerised Accounting Software
Data Management Software
Drawing and Planning Software
Desktop Publishing Software
Project Management Software
Word Processing Software
You will be assigned a qualified Training Advisor, where learning will be undertaken by mixture of 1 to 1 sessions, on/off the job learning and mentor support.
The assessment strategy includes details on:
- Criteria for defining realistic working environment
- Roles and occupational competence of assessors, expert witnesses, internal verifiers and standards verifiers
- Quality control of assessment
- Evidence requirements
You may decide to progress to Level 3 on completion.
These qualifications allow for progression to an existing portfolio of Edexcel IT qualifications.
There is a ‘Progression Pathways’ document which outlines this further.
The potential job roles for those working towards these qualifications include:
- IT Clerk - Applying a range of IT systems and software to support an organisation's customers, people and processes. This will generally involve applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and internet/email.
- Digital Assistant - Using social media applications to disseminate information and engage with potential users of the organisations products or services
- Website Technician - Updating existing websites with supplied content. Creating simple media content (audio, video, graphics, text) for existing websites
- Data Administrator - Entering and editing data using software such as: Customer Relationship Management; Accounts; Payroll and Stock control. Producing routine reports from the data held
You must have no previous Level 2 qualifications in IT.
You will be required to complete Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 1 if you haven’t already achieved GCSEs. Apprentices with appropriate GCSEs in Maths, English and ICT grade A*-C will not need to complete Functional Skills.
Please contact us for more information on 0191 5874570