This Advanced Apprenticeship in Management is ideal for those who wish to work, or who are working, in a management role. You may be currently working as a section manager, first line manager, assistant manager, trainee manager, senior supervisor, junior non-commissioned officer. You may be new to the role or looking to further develop your skills.
Managers play an integral role in supporting organisational objectives through a wide range of functions, such as: planning, allocating & monitoring the work of a team, supporting team members, managing conflict, resolving problems, project management, agreeing budgets and managing customer service.
Please find details on Level 3 Management Apprenticeship. If you wish to know more about this course, please use the register your interest form on the page.
The Awarding Body
Pearson Education Ltd
The Qualification Gained
Level 3 Diploma in Management
Who The Apprenticeship Is For
All those who wish to work, or who are working, in a Management role.
What Will You Learn
The Level 3 Diploma in Management includes both knowledge and competence units.
Mandatory units include:
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage team performance
- Principles of leadership and management
- Principles of people management
- Principles of Business
A wide range of optional units are also available to choose from including:
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Manage individuals’ performance
- Manage individuals’ development in the workplace
- Chair and lead meetings
- Encourage innovation
- Manage conflict within a team
- Procure products and/or services
- Implement change
- Implement and maintain business continuity plans and processes
- Collaborate with other departments
- Support remote or virtual teams
- Participate in a project
- Develop and maintain professional networks
- Develop and implement an operational plan
- Encourage learning and development
- Discipline and grievance management
- Develop working relationships with stakeholders
- Manage physical resources
- Manage the impact of work activities on the environment
- Prepare for and support quality audits
- Conduct quality audits
- Manage a budget
- Manage a project
- Manage business risk
- Manage knowledge in an organisation
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Manage redundancy and redeployment
Employee right and responsibilities (ERR) will be delivered through an ERR unit which will ensure that the Apprentice knows and understands each of the nine national outcomes for ERR.
You will be assigned a qualified training advisor, where learning will be undertaken by mixture of 1 to 1 sessions, on/off the job learning and mentor support.
The course will be assessed via a range of methods which could include direct observations in the workplace, electronic portfolios, guided discussions, screen testing and exams.
Advanced apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto:
- the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Management
- the Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Management & Leadership
- the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business & Professional Administration
- further or higher education to undertake management, business or other qualifications, including Foundation Degrees in Management & Leadership, Business and Business Management
- a range of management, business and other undergraduate programmes
- a range of management and other professional qualifications at level 4 and above.
With additional training, advanced apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles including middle and senior manager, department manager, head of department, or a wide range of managerial roles within business.
There are no mandatory entry requirements for this apprenticeship framework. However employers are looking to attract apprentices who have a strong interest in a career in management. They expect applicants to demonstrate a "can do" attitude and have at least basic numeracy, literacy and communication skills on which the apprenticeship will build.
It is likely that advanced apprentices will have some prior experience in a managerial or team leader role to allow them to complete the advanced apprenticeship, although this is not a formal requirement.
Apprentices must complete or have completed a minimum Level 2 Functional Skills qualification in English, Mathematics and Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Please contact us for more information on 0191 5874570