A new report published by The National Audit says employers who hire an apprentice report high levels of satisfaction with the training offered and benefits experienced.
The NAO report called Delivering the value through the apprenticeship programme stated, ‘86% of employers said that they were satisfied with the training given, and around 75% stated that apprenticeships improved productivity.’
An effective apprenticeship is a job that consists of good work experience and workplace support, supplemented by high-quality off-the-job training, which is often delivered by a training provider like Profound Services.
Three of the most important indicators of the quality of apprenticeship training are the views of employers and apprentices; findings from Ofsted inspections of providers; and apprentices’ achievement rates. Profound Services are proud to tick all of the boxes.
In April 2016, Profound Services achieved a ‘Good’ rating following its rigorous Ofsted inspection. The report which was later published, included the following comments:
- Profound have high expectations of learners’ achievements and the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, and ensure continuous improvement
- The larger majority of learners are making good or excellent progress in their learning
- The large majority of your (Profound Services) apprentices in the most recent year are progressing to employment
- The design of programmes include an appropriate focus to improve English, mathematics and skills relevant to their specific job roles; as a result, apprentices produce high-quality work, and a large majority profess to permanent employment
- Success rates are high. In the most recent year, the large majority of apprentices completed their programme within their agreed timescales and progressed into permanent employment
- Teaching, learning and assessment are consistently good. Learners become more confident and demonstrate good work-related skills at an appropriate level
- Apprentices develop very good employability skills such as problem solving and teamwork through effective individual support from training advisers and workplace managers
Profound Services is continuously receiving good feedback from employers too.
Peter Foxen, Warehouse and Production Manager at Biochemica, who has hired several warehousing and storage apprentices through Profound Services, commented: “I’m very proud of my apprentices.
“Last year one of my apprentices won a young achievers award from NEPIC (North East of England Process Industry Cluster) and all I can say is that I am very happy with the services of Profound. They have given me people that are dedicated, ambitious and want to learn.”
If you’re an employer looking to hire an apprentice or just want more information about what's involved, contact Profound Services today on 0191 587 4570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.